Courtship

I found this on my Animal Behavior notebook. I forgot from where the idea is exactly from. My professor was Dr. Pablo Ocampo (a generous teacher! brilliant too!) from the University of the Philippines -- I found this really interesting:

"The main evolutionary problem for males is to attract females in the face of competition from other males. The main evolutionary problem for females is to attract sexual partners that will endow their offspring with the greatest chance of survival and reproduction.

Courtship involves a contest between male salesmanship and female sales resistance. Coyness helps the female to assess the suitability of the male as a potential mate and may also encourage the male to invest in the future offspring."

0 comments:

http://www.emailcashpro.com

Recent Comments